i blog. sort of.

i blog. sort of.

Sunday, August 17, 2014

bucket lists and the Monterey Bay aquarium

visiting Monterey
The Monterey Bay aquarium has been on my 'bucket list' since before the term was coined ... or at least, since before I'd heard of 'bucket lists'.  It goes way back to when I entered college.  At that time it was my dream to become a marine biologist (until I was sadly informed I didn't have the math skills to fulfill the physics requirements.)

Yes, if you're wondering, my daughter gets a version of this story every time she complains about Kumon.


But this summer I fulfilled a portion of my dream and went to Monterey.  It was cool, but, it was packed.  From the moment I entered the building I felt like this:

sardine treadmill, Monterey

As I watched the sardine treadmill (which is very cool, btw) one of the sardines went insane.  At that moment I vowed that the next time I set out to check something off my bucket list I won't do it in the summer.  I want to be able to take in the experience and enjoy it.  Because although I love people, it became a bit maddening to view almost every exhibit from behind three or four layers deep.

deep sea tank, Monterey

at least my camera can zoom . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment