i blog. sort of.

i blog. sort of.

Thursday, August 7, 2014

BEING's new cover . . . and why



As a graphic artist, I've spent my professional life bending my artistic will to the input of others.  And I admit, I liked the original cover of BEING; it was supposed to be space dust that had formed a face.  But  . . .  it didn't come across well.

A live and learn moment pour moi. [I seem to have a blind spot when it comes to designing my own work.  Gah!]

So tonight I redesigned the cover, focusing on (a) the reoccurring image in the story [a glowing sphere] and (b) a highlighted letter i, because the story is one boy's journey toward discovering who he is.

And I'll say right now:  Thank you, random fan.  I like this cover MUCH better.

The cover goes live on Kindle tomorrow, and on the paperback version a few days following.  The cover art will change on Goodreads soon too.  A woops and whoo-hoo moment all wrapped into one :-)


No comments:

Post a Comment