i blog. sort of.

i blog. sort of.

Monday, June 23, 2014

WOD [words fo the day]


Today's word, drawn from my 13-year-old's endlessly odd vocabulary, is T-REX ARMS.  Apparently this is what you shout when something freaks you out or grosses you out while pinning your elbows against your body and uselessly flapping your clawed hands in the air.  The beauty of it is, you only have to shout it once.  After that, the meaning of t-rex arms sears deep into the consciousness of anyone witnessing it, a never-to-be-forgotten visual cue for: "eww, get that idea away from me."  My daughter T-Rex arms when asked to weed in the garden.  Vacuum the bathrooms.  Fold clothing from the dryer.  Kill spiders in the basement.  (Well.  I do it then, too.)

Just like the tyrannosaurus did, I'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment