i blog. sort of.

i blog. sort of.

Thursday, October 2, 2014

Carl Sagan


We all have heroes.  I have two, and one of them is Carl Sagan.  The things I love about Carl are endless.  He made science digestible.  He wrote--both grants and novels.  He created the original 'Cosmos' (and hats off to you, Neil DeGrasse Tyson, for the awesome remake of that series).  He inspired us to think beyond ourselves and our borders ... his vision embraced the stars.  Carl Sagan was an insightful thinker and a realistic dreamer.  I collect his quotes wherever and whenever I come across them.

I love sci-fi, as many of you know, and right now I'm knee-deep in writing not one, but two:  Goodbye Moon (which I've since renamed, but I'll reveal the new name in a bit) and The Seeds Project Interviews.  Seeds is such a cool book I can hardly stand it.  In fact now that I've mentioned it, my brain wants to get back to work.

So I'll leave you with one of my many favorite Carl Sagan quotes:
"For small creatures such as we, the vastness is bearable only through love."

*sigh* Those words make me weep.


No comments:

Post a Comment