i blog. sort of.

i blog. sort of.

Sunday, September 21, 2014

stepping aside from my WIP

my oregon coast sculpture
Have you seen this?  If so, you may have been somewhere on the Oregon coast the last week of July.  I spent an afternoon gathering rocks to make this sculpture, which is [or I should say, was] about 20' x 8'.  The sculpture was within the tide zone, and if no one bothered it [too much] bits and pieces of it would still be there ... sort of.  I love the idea of natural art, something that exists for only a little while then fades back into the landscape.  I've made lots of natural art before, though never anything this large.

After hiking up from the beach, I looked back to take a shot.  My sculpture is at the center of this picture, though you can barely see it!

Now back to my fabulous WIP ....

No comments:

Post a Comment